One of the benefits of living in San Diego is the beautiful weather. Obviously. As a result, we get to enjoy a sunny 71 degree day in February, while much of the country is faced with snow, tornado warnings and thunderstorms. Another benefit is that we have year round fame r’s markets!
This might not interest all of you, but for those who care, here you go:
- Coronado: 2:30-6 p.m., corner of First and B streets (Old Ferry Landing). Manager: Mary Hillebrecht (760) 741-3763.
- Escondido: 2:30-6 p.m., Grand Avenue between Broadway and Kalmia Street. Manager: Debra Rosen (760) 745-8877.
- UCSD/La Jolla: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. UCSD Certified Farmers Market at the Price Center near the bookstore near Lyman Lane and Library Walk. Manager: Bonnie Harmon or Christine Woolery (858) 534-4248.
- Carlsbad: 2-5 p.m., Roosevelt Street between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
- Ocean Beach: 4“7p.m. (stays open 1 hour later in the Summer), 4900 block of Newport Ave between Cable and Bacon St. (619) 279“0032
- Chula Vista: 3-7 p.m. (closes an hour earlier in winter) Third Avenue at Center Street. Manager: John Ward (619) 422-1982.
- North Park: 4-7 p.m., North Park Way and Granada. Manager: David Larson (619) 237-1632.
- El Cajon Marketplace: 3 to 6 p.m. (7 p.m. in summer) Downtown El Cajon at Orange Ave and Main St. (858) 272-7054.
- Downtown: 10a.m.-3p.m., 225 Broadway(at the bottom of the NBC building, North of Horton Plaza). 619“615“0947
- La Mesa Village: 3-6 p.m., Allison Street, east of Spring Street (at La Mesa Village). Manager: Suzanne Bendixen (619) 440-5027.
- Rancho Bernardo: 9 a.m.-noon, Bernardo Winery parking lot at 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte. Manager: Mike Machor (760) 723-2469.
- North Pacific Beach: 3 – 6 p.m. – November-February; 3 – 7 p.m. – March-October. Corner of Cass St and Chalcedony. Manager: Ron LaChance (858) 272-7054.
- Borrego Springs: 7 a.m. to noon (Nov thru June) Christmas Circle Community Park at Christmas Circle and Palm Canyon Dr. Manager: Erica Savage (760) 767-5555.
- Clairemont Mesa: 3:30 to 7 p.m., Temporarily closed (winter), Ray Kroc Middle School, 5050 Conrad Street, Clairemont Mesa and Highway 805, Manager: Susan G. Beach (858) 272-4267.
- Clairemont Market and Bazaar: 3 – 6:30 p.m. 6991 Balboa Ave at Lindbergh – Schweitzwer Elementary School. Manager: David Robert (619) 602-3644.
- Pacific Beach: 8 a.m.-noon, Mission Boulevard between Reed Avenue and Pacific Beach Boulevard (at Promenade Mall). Manager: Mary Hillebrecht (760) 741-3763.
- Vista: 7:45-11 a.m., corner of Eucalyptus and Escondido avenues (City Hall parking lot). Manager: Margo Baughman (760) 726-8545.
- Poway: 8-noon, corner of Midland Road and Temple Street (in Old Poway Park). Manager: Suzanne Bendixen (619) 440-5027.
- Del Mar: 1-4 p.m., corner of El Camino Del Mar and 10th Street (City Hall parking lot). Manager: Alan Usery (760) 727-1471.
- Scripps Ranch: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ellen Browning Elementary School at 10380 Spring Canyon Rd. Manager: Bev & Mike Cassity (858) 586-7933.
- Temecula: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Old Town Temecula at 6th and Front Street. Manager: Gayle Cunningham (760) 728-7343.
- Carlsbad: 8 a.m. to noon Roosevelt St between Grand Ave and Carlsbad Village Dr. Manager: Christy Johnson (760) 434-2553 .
- South Park: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Corner of 30th & A Streets, Albert Einstein Academy playground, Manager: Darcy Young (858) 405-6086.
- University City – TEMPORARILY CLOSED: 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., Spreckels Elementary School, 6033 Stadium Street, San Diego 92122, Manager: Mike Echavarry (619) 729-4333
- Hillcrest: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., corner of Normal and Cleveland streets (DMV parking lot). Manager: David Larson (619) 237-1632.
- Solana Beach: 2-5 p.m., 410 to 444 South Cedros Ave at Rosa St. Manager: Barry Koral (760) 631-0200 or (760) 455-1261.
- La Jolla: 9 a.m.- 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street (La Jolla Elementary School). Manager: Darcy Young (858) 405-6086.
- Downtown Third Avenue Market and Asian Bazaar: 9 to 1 400 block of Third Avenue between Island Ave and J Street. Manager: David Klaman (619) 279-0032.
- Leucadia/Encinitas: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Paul Ecke Elementary at Union St and Vulcan St. Manager: Ron La Chance (858) 272-7054.
*most of the information from www.about.com
If youre thinking about going, CALL TO MAKE SURE THEYRE OPEN. As much as I try, Im only an expert in real estate “ not farmers marketssorry.
But the nice thing about these farmers markets, is that you know youre getting fresh produce, from a local farm. Over 6,000 farmers contribute to a billion dollar agricultural industry, here in San Diego each year. The Farmers Markets are also certified by the State, meaning that everything is home grown and meets all the necessary standards. So go out, walk around and buy some healthy food.