As a steaklover I dont know how someone could be a vegetarian, but Ive also come to terms that you guys do indeed exist. Its not that I dont like fruits and vegetables, its just that I love steak, chicken, fishits all good! But for the rest of you, here are some vegetarian restaurants in the San Diego area that Pacific Magazine just reviewed.
1. Spread “ Comprised of nouveau comfort food, Spread prides itself on its fresh food. Produce is purchased every day from local farmers markets and with a menu that has dishes like chocolate salad, macadamia rose pesto grits and a hibiscus blossom mole, Im even tempted to check it out.
Spread is located at 2879 University Ave in Hillcrest. 619“543“0406.
2. Sipz Fuzion Cafe “ at Sipz, you can choose from a number of dishes that are influenced by Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese and Italian flavorshence the Fuzion. Prices are a big hit here as well, with dishes in the 6“7 dollar range. All dishes are 100% vegetarian and all desserts are Vegan friendly.
Sipz has two locations:
11385 Poway Rd, Poway “ 858“486“7479 and 5501 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Clairemont.
3. Lean and Green “ this is about as green as you can get. Everything here is organic, recycled and eco-friendly. This place is so Earth friendly, that they dont even have a website! With plates, silver ware and cups made out of corn, you cant help but feel like a better person by dining here “ even if you rolled in in your Hummer.
Lean and Green is located at 7825 Fay Ave, La Jolla (right behind the La Jolla Sports Club) 858“459“5326
4. Vegan Zone “ the name pretty much says it all. Focusing on Asian influenced dishes, the Vegan Zone is a great place to stop by for a healthy meal after hitting the beach “ healthya nice change to the typical restaurants in Pacific Beach. The Vegan Zone also has a bar with organic beers, just to make you PBers feel at home.
Vegan Zone is located at 859 Hornblend St, Pacific Beach 858“272“1913
5. Cilantro Live “ Founded in 2003, Cilantro claims to be the first organic, vegan, and raw restaurant in San Diego county. Cilantro prides itself on not using processed foods, or cooking foods over ninety-five degrees. Only using natural ingredients like nuts, seeds, grains, sprouts, fruits and vegetables and with three different locations, this is a safe place to take any health conscious date.
Cilantro Live has three locations:
3807 5th Ave, Downtown 619“325“0136 and 300 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad 760“858“0136 and 315 3rd Ave, Chula Vista 619“827“7401
6. Salad Style “ Located in the up and coming East Village of Downtown, Salad Style isnt exactly a vegetarian restaurant. Instead, this new restaurant offers a healthy change to the normal fast food lunches. With a choice of 12 different signature salads, including choices like the Moroccan Couscous, Ahi Tuna and Tomato, Peppered Grilled Steak and a Chicken Caesar salad, meat lovers have plenty of choices here. Vegetarians are safe as well and Salad Style even offers a Totally Vegan salad as well. For orders of three or more, they deliver too.
Salad Style is located at 807 F Street, Downtown 619“255“6731